Home page logo
/

bugtraq logo Bugtraq mailing list archives

KaZaA
From: "David Krum" <frobnitz () msn com>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 10:33:31 -0600

I'm concerned about all the applications which utilize ie browser controls. There are a lot of adware programs with little ads. Some of these ads have activex, java, flash, js. Any one of these capabilities in the wrong zone could be dangerous.

My attention was first drawn to this when I noticed KaZaA launching popups sourced from the local hard disk. Surely these ads are running in the local zone. To use software that does this I have to trust them to audit the ads given to them?

Broadband? Dial-up? Get reliable MSN Internet Access. http://resourcecenter.msn.com/access/plans/default.asp

  By Date           By Thread