Home page logo
/

bugtraq logo Bugtraq mailing list archives

Apology re: Buffer Overflow Prevention
From: Nicholas Weaver <nweaver () CS berkeley edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 12:30:50 -0700

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 02:28:33PM +0400, Eygene A. Ryabinkin composed:

 I have an idea on buffer overflow prevention. I doubt that it's
new, but I haven't seen an implementation of it in any freely
distributable Un*x system.  So, I hardly need your comments on it.

Please accept my apology for the following comment:

} Then why post this to a public list?  Sorry, you are going to get
} comments.

It has been pointed out to me that Mr Ryabinkin is not an native
speaker of the english language, and probably intended to say
something to the effect of "I would desire any comments on it." (an
affirmation of comments) rather than a negative.

--
Nicholas C. Weaver                                 nweaver () cs berkeley edu

  By Date           By Thread