Home page logo
/

bugtraq logo Bugtraq mailing list archives

Blue screen in Windows
From: "David F. Madrid" <idoru () videosoft net uy>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 22:04:54 +0200

Issue :

Blue screen in Windows

Tested versions :

W2000 Server Sp3 with IE 6.0 Sp1
XP Pro with IE 6.0

Vendor status :

MS is investigating the issue but as they spent months to just acknowledge
it I decided to publish it

Description :

With Internet Explorer you can make calls using netmeeting ,
navigating to callto Urls . On the systems tested if you try to
navigate to a specially crafted callto url Windows halt with a
Kmode exception not handled . I can´t reproduce this always,
particulary not after rebooting from the system halt , but the issue
was confirmed in two different computers .

I am afraid I can´t give any debugging info cause no causing module is
shown in the BSOD .

Exploit :

In the spanish version of this advisory you can find a demonstration

http://nautopia.org/vulnerabilidades/callto_bluescreen.htm

Just click the link "Pulsa aquí para parar Windows"

Regards ,

David F. Madrid ,
Madrid , Spain

  By Date           By Thread