Home page logo
/

bugtraq logo Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Windows Update: A single point of failure for the world's economy?
From: "Stefano Zanero" <stefano.zanero () ieee org>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 21:01:49 +0200

 I know of no patch which caused all systems to shutdown, or refuse to
reboot.

Ahem, Russ, this is something of a bold claim, unless you stress the ALL :)
There have been some deeply troubling patches in the past, I hope you're not
trying to dismiss that.

And about mis-signatures, may I remind you of the fact that a Microsoft
certificate was wrongly released and signed by Verisign a number of months
ago ?

Enabling a world-wide auto-update feature does indeed seem much of a
security risk to me.

Regards,
Stefano

  By Date           By Thread