Home page logo
/

bugtraq logo Bugtraq mailing list archives

Type xxs
From: <root () spiffomatic64 com>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 18:03:52 -0400

Vendor : typepad.com
Risk : Cross site scripting

users the richest set of features to immediately share and publish
information -- like travel logs, journals and digital scrapbooks -- on
the Web. TypePad lets people communicate, publicly or privately, with
the audience of their choosing.

Cross site scripting: The filtering script for the name form doesnt
filter " if preceeded by a ?. The cross site scripting works because the
the user to use such oneventhandles as onmouseover.

Solution: The easiest way would be to just replace all characters with
their &#xx; equivilant.

Credits: Credits goto my loving fiance, you push me todo things i never
thought possible.

Exploit: This is exploited by passing a url with malicious javascript to
the name variable.

Spiffomatic64
Hacking is an art-form

-Matt Oyer