Home page logo
/

bugtraq logo Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: CVStrac Remote Arbitrary Code Execution exploit
From: Richard Hipp <drh () hwaci com>
Date: 6 Aug 2004 16:51:16 -0000

Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 10:57:09 -0700 (PDT)
From: Richard Ngo <rtngo () yahoo com>
Subject: CVStrac Remote Arbitrary Code Execution exploit
To: vulndb () securityfocus com
Cc: bugtraq () securityfocus com

Hi, Im Richard Ngo, this is the first time i report an
exploit and found a remote exploit that could allow
arbitrary code execution in CVStrac.

sample exploit

filediff?f=CVSROOT/rcsinfo&v1=1.1&v2=1.2;w;

All versions vulnerable. I have not contacted
cvstrac.org since i cant find their email address.
Please give me credit for the exploit and *please dont
release the exploit code to the public* for other
websites security. Maybe just create an advisory.
Thank you.

The problem has been patched in the CVS archive and
in version 1.1.4 of CVSTrac.

  By Date           By Thread