Home page logo
/

bugtraq logo Bugtraq mailing list archives

WMF Exploit
From: davidribyrne () yahoo com
Date: 28 Dec 2005 21:52:17 -0000

I apologize if this information has already been posted; I haven’t been able to read all the posts today. Many of the
exploit descriptions that I’ve seen reference .WMF files. Like prior GDI exploits, this isn’t strictly true. If the
exploit file is named with another graphics extension (i.e. .gif, .jpg, .png, .tif), the GDI library will still read it
correctly as a WMF file and execute the exploit. As a result, all common graphics files can carry the exploit.

David Byrne

  By Date           By Thread