Home page logo
/

bugtraq logo Bugtraq mailing list archives

WMF Exploit
From: davidribyrne () yahoo com
Date: 28 Dec 2005 22:18:04 -0000

Another quick observation, again, I apologize if this information has already been posted; I haven’t been able to read
all the posts today. The thumbnail view in Windows Explorer will parse the graphics files in a folder, even if the file
is never explicitly opened. This is enough to trigger the exploit. Even more frightening is that you don’t have to use
the thumbnail view for a thumbnail to be generated. Under some circumstances, just single-clicking on the file will
cause it to be parsed.

David Byrne

  By Date           By Thread