Home page logo
/

bugtraq logo Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Authentication bypass, sql injections and xss in ArticleLive 2005
From: "Steven M. Christey" <coley () mitre org>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 21:42:17 -0400 (EDT)

Diabolic Crab,

The title and text of this advisory suggest SQL injection, but I don't
see any any clear examples that demonstrate this.

A modified Query parameter to the search function is given, and the
parameter starts with the "'" character - which might *suggest* SQL
injection - but the resulting error message suggests that it's using
the input for some array operations, which could be the fairly common
"bad data type" problem that leads to full path disclosure on PHP
applications.  Indeed there might be other invalid characters that
could trigger the same problem (I don't know; I don't have ArticleLive
available to test).

Could you provide more specific examples or otherwise clarify the
problem?

Thanks,
Steve

  By Date           By Thread