Home page logo
/

bugtraq logo Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Re: NETGEAR WGT624 Wireless DSL router default user name/password vulnerability
From: tranceformer () crimsonguard net
Date: 13 Apr 2006 18:52:16 -0000

i just plugged into the thing, and configured it for the first time... wanted to save my settings so i used the option
to save all the settings to a configuration file on my computer.  did that... and opened up the file to see what
settings the thing actually had configurable, and i found the following in it:

super_username=Gearguy
super_passwd=Geardog

so i googled it, and long behold here i am on this page.

My suggestion... save the config file, find the super_username and super_passwd, change those values to whatever ya
want, and reload the cfg file into the router.  viola, taken care of.

  By Date           By Thread