mailing list archives
Major updates to Excel 0-day Vulnerability FAQ at SecuriTeam Blogs
From: Juha-Matti Laurio <juha-matti.laurio () netti fi>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 05:31:28 +0300 (EEST)
Several updates to First Microsoft Excel 0-day Vulnerability FAQ document at
has been done.
* Several exploits for this vuln and other Excel issues has been released recently
* PoC sample file Nanika.xls was posted to Bugtraq on Monday already
(NOTE: Several vendors see this as a separate vulnerability)
* New Trojan variant names added to the document
* Some other updates and fixes
Word First to the FAQ document title was added in June to clarify the situation after several Excel vuln disclosures.
At time of writing new 'Nanika' issue uses Repair Mode too (and user interaction is needed).
There is no exact information is this a totally new type vulnerability, however.
- Major updates to Excel 0-day Vulnerability FAQ at SecuriTeam Blogs Juha-Matti Laurio (Jul 07)