Home page logo
/

bugtraq logo Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Re: licq remote DoS?
From: mrangelov () globul bg
Date: 10 Apr 2008 15:19:36 -0000

You're right, there is no check against FD_SETSIZE. IMO it's a bad idea not to enforce some kind of accepted
connections limit. However, I'm pessimistic about the possibility of executing arbitrary code - even if you succeed to
overwrite the return address, you must think of some other way to place "evil code". Of course, nothing is impossible :)

BTW, my PoC code has some pretty dumb bug, char hostname[12] should be char hostname[15]...stupid me, I forgot about
the dots in the ip address :)

  By Date           By Thread