Home page logo
/

bugtraq logo Bugtraq mailing list archives

[MajorSecurity SA-073]Subdreamer CMS - SQL injection vulnerability
From: david.kurz () majorsecurity net
Date: 14 Jun 2010 17:10:05 -0000

[MajorSecurity SA-073]Subdreamer CMS - SQL injection vulnerability

Details
=============
Product: Subdreamer CMS
Security-Risk: high
Remote-Exploit: yes
Vendor-URL: http://www.subdreamer.com/
Advisory-Status: published

Credits
=============
Discovered by: David Vieira-Kurz
http://www.majorsecurity.net/penetrationstest.php

Original Advisory
=============
http://www.majorsecurity.net/subdreamer_cms_sql_injection.php

Affected Products:
=============
Subdreamer CMS 3.x.x
Prior versions may also be vulnerable

=============
"Subdreamer CMS is a web based content management system."

More Details
=============
We at MajorSecurity have discovered some vulnerabilities in Subdreamer CMS, which can be exploited to conduct sql
injection attacks.
Input passed directly to the "categoryids[]" POST parameter in "/admin/pages.php?action=update_pages" is not properly
sanitised before being used in a SQL query.
This can be exploited to manipulate SQL queries by injecting arbitrary SQL code.

Solution
Web applications should never trust on user generated input and therefore sanatize all input.
Edit the source code to ensure that input is properly sanitised.

MajorSecurity
MajorSecurity is a German penetrationtesting and security research company which focuses
on web application security. We offer professional penetrationstest, security audits,
source code reviews and pci dss compliance tests.

  By Date           By Thread