Home page logo
/

bugtraq logo Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: [Full-disclosure] Joomla 1.5.21 | Potential SQL Injection Flaws
From: YGN Ethical Hacker Group <lists () yehg net>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 21:41:42 +0800

This public disclosure has achieved its aim.

Joomla! Team finally patched this hole.

http://developer.joomla.org/security/news/9-security/10-core-security/323-20101101-core-sqli-info-disclosurevulnerabilities.html

Upgrade to the latest Joomla! version (1.5.22 or later).

1. VULNERABILITY DESCRIPTION

Potential SQL Injection Flaws were detected Joomla! CMS version
1.5.20. These flaws were reported along with our Cross Scripting Flaw
which was fixed in 1.5.21. Developers believed that our reported SQL
Injection flaws are not fully exploitable because of Joomla! built-in
string filters and were not fixed in 1.5.21 which is currently the
latest version.

As a result, we disclosed these flaws  in order for someone who can
exploit these flaws to the next maximum level.

2. PROOF-OF-CONCEPT/EXPLOIT

http://yehg.net/lab/pr0js/advisories/joomla/core/1.5.21/sql_injection/sqli_(filter_order)_front.jpg
http://yehg.net/lab/pr0js/advisories/joomla/core/1.5.21/sql_injection/sqli_%28filter_order_Dir%29_front.jpg
http://yehg.net/lab/pr0js/advisories/joomla/core/1.5.21/sql_injection/sqli_%28filter_order_Dir%29_back.jpg

3. DISCLOSURE TIME-LINE

2010-10-06  : Notified Joomla! Security Strike Team
2010-11-01  : Vulnerability disclosed
2010-11-05  : Patched version (1.5.22) released

4. VENDOR

Joomla! Developer Team
http://www.joomla.org
http://www.joomla.org/download.html