Home page logo
/

bugtraq logo Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: rssh security announcement
From: Derek Martin <code () pizzashack org>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 13:50:11 -0500

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 10:46:04AM -0500, Derek Martin wrote:
On Tue, May 08, 2012 at 12:24:52PM -0500, Derek Martin wrote:
Henrik Erkkonen has discovered that, through clever manipulation of
environment variables on the ssh command line, it is possible to
circumvent rssh.  As far as I can tell, there is no way to effect a
root compromise, except of course if the root account is the one
you're attempting to protect with rssh...

This project is old, and I have no interest in continuing to maintain
it.

Actually, I have a patch for this.  I'll be publishing it later this
week, when I can find some time to do it.

I haven't had the time to do a release for this yet.  For now, I've
posted a patch to the rssh mailing list.  The patch should be
available via the mailing list archives presently:

  https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_name=rssh-discuss

--
Derek D. Martin
http://www.pizzashack.org/