mailing list archives
Belkin WiFi NetCam video stream backdoor with unchangeable admin/admin credentials
From: Johannes.Ernst () gmail com
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 17:21:30 GMT
Product NetCam WiFi Camera With Night Vision, purchased August 2013
Live video stream is accessible with user/password of admin/admin.
The user/password combination admin/admin cannot be changed by the user.
This "feature" is undocumented.
1. Connect webcam to Ethernet or WiFi
2. Access webcam's IP address through a browser, e.g. http://188.8.131.52/
3. Enter admin/admin as user/password. This will produce an empty page with a copyright notice of "Go Ahead
Software Inc., 1994-2000" as an HTML comment
4. Access relative URL /goform/video, e.g. http://184.108.40.206/goform/video to see M-JPEG live video from the camera
* Reported to Belkin August 6th.
* To the best of my knowledge, Belkin:
* has not notified existing users of the product of the vulnerability
* has not recalled products
* is not actively encouraging users to upgrade their firmware
* has "improved" the firmware in unspecified ways since the initial report. (direct communication)
* has not published details or release notes of the "firmware improvements", or stated whether and when the new
version started shipping on NetCams. The PDF user manual on the Belkin site as of today still references firmware
- Belkin WiFi NetCam video stream backdoor with unchangeable admin/admin credentials Johannes . Ernst (Nov 11)