Home page logo
/

dailydave logo Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Robert Seacord on the CERT C Secure Coding Standard
From: Robert Seacord <rcs () cert org>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 10:09:39 -0500

Marius,

You can also look at www.securecoding.cert.org. This is a wiki, where we (CERT and the community) are developing secure
coding standards for C, C++, and Java).  We also have a project on secure design patterns, which is not public yet but
will hopefully be made public early next year.  Anyone can create an account and comment on any of the publically
available coding standards.

As I mentioned in the article, we are also working on a security annex for the next revision of the C standard.  I
would love to see more involvement from the security community in the evolution of the C programming language. In
particular, I am planning to circulate a draft proposal for this annex in January.

Thanks,
rCs