mailing list archives
Capstone 1.0 disassembly framework release!
From: Nguyen Anh Quynh <aquynh () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 12:42:20 +0800
We are excited to announce the 1.0 version for Capstone, the multi-arch,
multi-platform disassembly framework you are longing for!
Why this engine is unique? Capstone offers some unparalleled features:
- Support all important hardware architectures: ARM, ARM64 (aka ARMv8),
Mips & X86.
- Clean/simple/lightweight/intuitive architecture-neutral API.
- Provide details on disassembled instruction (called “decomposer” by
- Provide some semantics of the disassembled instruction, such as list of
implicit registers read & written.
- Implemented in pure C language, with bindings for Python, Ruby, OCaml,
C#, Java and GO available.
- Native support for Windows & *nix (including MacOSX, Linux, *BSD
- Thread-safe by design.
- Distributed under the open source BSD license.
For further information, see our website at http://www.capstone-engine.org
Being infant 1.0, Capstone might be still buggy or cannot handle many
malware tricks yet. But give it a chance and report your findings, so we
can fix the issues in the next versions.
Capstone is a very young project: the first line was written just 4 months
ago. But we do hope that it will live a long life. The community support is
critical for this little open source project!
We would like show our gratitude to the beta testers for bug reports & code
contributions during the beta phase! Their invaluable helps have been
tremendous for us to keep this far.
We would like to thank LLVM project, which Capstone is based on. Without
the almighty LLVM, Capstone would not be existent!
Last but not least, big thanks go to Coseinc for the generous sponsor for
Dailydave mailing list
Dailydave () lists immunityinc com
- Capstone 1.0 disassembly framework release! Nguyen Anh Quynh (Dec 19)