Home page logo
/

educause logo Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Connectivity problems with the US Army
From: Cal Frye <cjf () CALFRYE COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 13:56:52 -0500

Brock, Anthony - NET wrote:
Oregon State University recently noticed that we were being blocked from
accessing all army.mil domains and resources. The block includes access
to their DNS and email servers. We have since learned that this block
was implemented as a result of probes from machines compromised as a
result of the Symantec vulnerability. While we had hoped that the
situation would correct itself, we've since learned that this may not
happen.

Bummer. This must put a bit of a crimp in their recruiting system ;-)

Unfortunately, Oberlin seems to be unaffected by such a block; I can see
www.army.mil just fine. Dig also works.

--
Regards,
-- Cal Frye, Network Administrator, Oberlin College

"Access denied ... nah nah na nah nah !"

  By Date           By Thread