Home page logo
/

educause logo Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: summarizing squid proxy server logs
From: Bill Terry <witerry () VASSAR EDU>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 20:26:50 -0500

Ken -
We used calamaris with squid quite successfully in my previous
position.  It worked well with large files.
http://cord.de/tools/squid/calamaris/

The squid site http://www.squid-cache.org has other useful references.

Bill Terry
Director of Networks and Systems
Vassar College

At 03:57 PM 1/22/2007, you wrote:
Can anyone recommend a tool to help analyze/summarize squid proxy logs ?

I occasionally have to produce a report on an individual's activity
(eg. HR investigating reports of excessive non-work activity).

The proxy logs have everything recorded but are pretty ugly.

I am looking at Cyfin reporter but am having difficulties.

 Ken

--

 Ken  De Cruyenaere    Computer Security Coordinator
 kdc () cc umanitoba ca   Information Services & Technology

  By Date           By Thread