Home page logo
/

educause logo Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

ipsCA and free .edu certs
From: Rob Tanner <rtanner () LINFIELD EDU>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 13:20:39 -0800

Hi folks,

It was recently brought to my attention that ipsCA offers free 2 year
256 bit SSL certificates for educational institutions (in the .edu
domain).  Does anybody have any experience with them?  I note that their
root cert is bundled into Firefox, but does anyone know  about IE or
Safari?  Is there a limit to the number of certificates?

Thanks,
Rob

--
Rob Tanner