Home page logo
/

educause logo Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: ipsCA and free .edu certs
From: Rob Whalen <rwhalen () STMARYS-CA EDU>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 16:32:41 -0800

Rob Tanner wrote:

Hi folks,

It was recently brought to my attention that ipsCA offers free 2 year
256 bit SSL certificates for educational institutions (in the .edu
domain).  Does anybody have any experience with them?  I note that their
root cert is bundled into Firefox, but does anyone know  about IE or
Safari?  Is there a limit to the number of certificates?

Thanks,
Rob

One downside is that the certs won't work with Novell's eDirectory. I
went to the top guru at Novell. He had tried to get them to work, even
talked to IPSCA programmers, but no workie.
Rob

  By Date           By Thread