Home page logo
/

educause logo Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Campus Mobility Initiative
From: "Wood, Anne M (wood)" <wood () JUNIATA EDU>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 11:30:26 -0400

Hi,

We are in the process of asking all faculty and students to use mobile
devices such as laptops and tablets in the classroom when technology is
required.  This process is happening in phases; however the question of
cheating has come up among the faculty.  Can anyone provide any insight
on methods or technology they have used to allow students to use mobile
technology in the classroom for test taking while blocking access to
resources that they may use to cheat?  I know that it might be next to
impossible to keep them from storing content locally on their device;
however, I am curious whether anyone out there has used any appliances
or other methods to block access to the Internet or campus network
during certain times or in certain places.

Thanks,

Anne Wood

Director of Campus Network and Security

Juniata College