Home page logo
/

educause logo Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

[OT] Incident / Problem management
From: Wes Young <wcyoung () BUFFALO EDU>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 08:53:35 -0400

I'm looking for some individuals willing to provide feedback to ITIL
type processes, specifically incident and problem management and how it
is adapted and related to security issues.

We're in the process of developing a more organized structure based on
these principles for incidents we deal with on a day to day basis and
I'd like to bench / bounce some specifics off people.

If you have experience in this area, specifically the difference between
"Incident Control" and "Problem Control" and would be willing to help,
shoot me an email off list, it would be greatly appreciated.
--
Wes Young
Network Security Analyst

...release early, release often.