Home page logo
/

educause logo Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: email threats
From: Bob Bayn <Bob.Bayn () USU EDU>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 15:36:41 -0600

At 04:05 PM 9/4/2007, Bob Bayn put fingers to keyboard and wrote:
Are these threats that you detect somehow or that the recipient
refers to you?  If the former, then how do you detect them and
what else have you found during the search?

roger replied:
Only threats that are reported to us.  We don't have anything
that searches for threats.  What sort of searching did you have
in mind?

None, only puzzlement.  Why aren't the reports made directly
to law enforcement?  Or maybe most are.  I can understand why
you'd just relay all misdirected reports without passing any
judgement on them.

Bob

  By Date           By Thread