Home page logo
/

educause logo Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

2007 IT Security Conference: A Call to Action for the Education Community
From: Theresa Semmens <theresa.semmens () NDSU EDU>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 16:15:04 -0500

 Hello everyone,
I apologize if it seems like I am spamming you.  I want to invite you to our
fourth annual IT security conference which will be held in Fargo, ND on
November 7 & 8 at the Ramada Inn.  We have several excellent presenters
including our own Rodney Petersen of Educause.  Please feel free to browse
the Web site listed below. It is a wonderful conference for both
administrative and technical folks.

Please spread the word about the conference to any individuals or groups you
feel would be interested in attending -- more information is provided below,
or see www.ndsu.edu/itsecurity

2007 IT Security Conference: A Call to Action for the Education Community

The fourth annual K-20 IT Security Conference for Education and IT
Professionals will be held Wednesday, Nov. 7, and Thursday, Nov. 8, 2007, at
the Ramada Plaza Suites in Fargo, N.D.

 This year, optional post-conference sessions on Thursday afternoon will
provide opportunities to further explore security issues related to
education and technology.

The conference will run a full day on Nov. 7, and from 8 a.m. to noon on
Nov. 8, with post-conference sessions to follow. The registration fee is
$110 per person. Two continental breakfasts, a lunch buffet and an evening
social are included with registration. The conference schedule, session
descriptions and registration forms are available at www.ndsu.edu/itsecurity

= = = = = = About the Conference = = = = = =

Sponsored by North Dakota State University's Information Technology Services
and EduTech, the conference is designed to increase awareness of the risks
associated with computer and network use in an academic setting. The
emphasis of the conference is on leadership and the end-users of technology.

Educational IT leaders and staff, including those responsible for policy
development, are invited to attend. This conference also offers an
opportunity for IT personnel from the private sector, including financial
and medical institutions, to learn more about information security practices
as well as policy development and enforcement.

Featured sessions this year include:

* Expectation Management: Overcoming Obstacles and Adversity in the World of
IT Security

* Privacy and Security: An Update From Washington

* Internet Safety Tools: Teaching Children Safety in Today's Cyber World

* Information Safeguarding - "How Do We Stop the Bleeding?"

* Web Application Vulnerabilities

* Thwart your enemy: A hands on session using tools to prevent listening and
man-in-the-middle attacks

* Risk Management and Incident Response

* VoIP and Video End-Point Security

* The Seven Habits of Highly Effective IT Security Officers

For further information and to register for the conference, please visit the
IT Security Conference Web site at www.ndsu.edu/itsecurity   You may also
contact Theresa Semmens, NDSU IT Security Officer, at 701.231.5870 or
Theresa.Semmens () ndsu edu  or Jody French, EduTech Director, at 701.231.7208
or jody.french () sendit nodak edu

Theresa Semmens, CISA
NDSU IT Security Officer
North Dakota State University
Fargo, ND 58103
701.231-5870
Theresa.Semmens () ndsu edu

"If I believe I cannot do something, it makes me incapable of doing it. But
when I believe I can, I acquire the ability to do it, even if I did not have
the ability in the beginning."      Mahatma Gandhi

  By Date           By Thread