Home page logo
/

educause logo Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: RIAA timestamps off
From: Valdis Kletnieks <Valdis.Kletnieks () VT EDU>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 01:01:59 -0400

On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 06:50:42 EDT, David Taylor said:
I'm wondering if they are just going by the name of the file without even
verifying the contents of the file.

One has to wonder if this isn't a Beavis-and-Butthead routine, where one
group hired by the RIAA to seed file sharing networks with bogus and corrupt
versions of files has managed to plonk a suspiciously named file onto
somebody's hard drive, and then the *other* group hired by the RIAA to find
violators has found said file...

It would fit in with the level of forensic rigor we've seen in the past...

  By Date           By Thread