Home page logo
/

educause logo Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Browser Encryption Capability for Exporting
From: "McNeil, Sharon McLawhorn" <McLawhorns () ECU EDU>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 11:06:21 -0400

All,

Does anyone have information on the minimum  level browser encryption
(for IE, Firefox, Safari, Netscape, and Opera) capabilities for
exporting data outside the U.S.?  Our department is looking at requiring
only 128-bit or higher to access our University's website.  Our concern
is that if we set this requirement it might prohibit our DE students,
faculty, etc. outside the U.S. from being able to access our
University's website for registration, grades, etc. from browsers not
capable of at 128-bit or higher.

Thanks,

Sharon

Sharon McNeil,