Home page logo
/

educause logo Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

RIAA takedown notices
From: Dick Jacobson <Dick.Jacobson () NDUS NODAK EDU>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 10:55:24 -0500

Is anyone else seeing takedown notices from the RIAA sent to an incorrect
address ?

A week ago I started getting MANY notices daily after a pretty quiet
period of time.  The first couple days I replied to each saying they
needed to use the correct address if these were valid complaints - and
tossed the email.  I also left a voice mail at the phone number in the
notice.

I have not gotten any response to email or voice mail but I continue to
receive the takedown notices - at an accelerated rate - sent to the
incorrect address.

Dick Jacobson                   e-mail : Dick.Jacobson () ndus NoDak edu
NDUS IT Security Officer        office : STTC 219
                phone  : 701-231-6280 <NEW phone number>