Home page logo
/

educause logo Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: FrontPage VTI extensions
From: Anthony Maszeroski <maszeroskia3 () SCRANTON EDU>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 11:31:22 -0500

As a first step, you can try running a web application security scanner
against the server and seeing if it reports anything :

http://www.cirt.net/nikto2

http://www.nstalker.com/products/free/

Peter Charbonneau wrote:
I have found a number of _vti_ extensions on our main web server - it's
a RedHat box running Apache.

Alas, I am not smart enough to know whether these vti extensions could
cause a problem.

Anyone out there have any experience in this area?

PeteC

Peter Charbonneau
Sr. Network and Systems Administrator
Williams College