Home page logo
/

educause logo Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: recommendation for CISSP bootcamp
From: "Young, Beth A." <youngba () MORE NET>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 12:16:53 -0600

I did the Training Camp CISSP Bootcamp.  For me, it was a time issue.  I
could have studied the books and passed the test but I didn't have the
weeks of study time to devote to it.  I did a week long bootcamp and
passed the test quickly.

One thing I would have changed:  I would have taken the test on the
Sunday after the bootcamp (format was 8-5 M-F bootcamp, Sat was a study
day, Sun was the exam).  I had thought that I would need some extra
study time after the bootcamp so I didn't schedule the exam right away.
I came back home and took the test 2 weeks later.   Mistake!  Work and
life gets in the way so even though I made time to study each afternoon
to keep stuff fresh, after 2 weeks, it was all getting lost in the
day-to-day noise.

Beth

Beth Young, CISSP
MOREnet Security