Home page logo
/

educause logo Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Hacker's list of online accounts spooks users (News: Redacted List Included)
From: "Nipper, Johnny R." <Nipperj () UNCW EDU>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 11:04:47 -0400

I thought I would pass this information on to the group (a lot of edu's are on this compromised list.)  The source of
the passwords are most likely from attacking online forums, but the users may be reusing these credentials.  You might
want to make your users aware if they are listed.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/technology/hackers-list-of-online-accounts-spooks-users/2008/10/08/1223145446457.html

-Johnny

[cid:image001.png@01C929FD.1148ACD0]

  By Date           By Thread