Home page logo
/

educause logo Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Meraki
From: Jeff Moore <mail () JEFFMOORE COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 13:50:33 -0800

We didnt Try Meraki just Cisco(which we had a large implementation of),
Brocade(motorolla products), and Ruckus. And I would Highly Highly
recommend the Ruckus. Take a look at this write up below. Our experience
was that and then some. Plus the amount of clients that we can have on a
single AP is staggering compared to the rest. This was a year ago so I am
sure that all the big boys are doing the Beam Forming now so it may be
apples to apples but between the beam forming and the volume there was
simply nothing that could compete. Keep in mind that they only do a basic
but increasingly good job with security. You will want to plan on separate
security appliances etc.

Again this is old news but do look for beamforming and multiple radios for
better throughput and longer range.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/beamforming-wifi-ruckus,2390.html

Jeff Moore