Home page logo
/

educause logo Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: 360.cn Website
From: Richard Applebee <rapplebee () WESTERNU EDU>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 00:02:30 +0000

Sorry for not seeing this earlier. I have heard of just such a scheme, namely, using TCP and UDP 53 for non-DNS traffic
that they (the bad guys) are hoping will not be noticed. Typically, this is used by bots to talk to their command and
control servers.

Richard Applebee
Network Architect
V (909) 469-5662