Educause Security Discussion
mailing list archives
National Cyber Security Awareness Month 2012 is HERE!
From: Valerie Vogel <vvogel () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 18:37:16 +0000
It's that time of year again! October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month.
Help us raise awareness with your faculty, staff, and students this October by promoting National Cyber Security
Awareness Month (NCSAM).
We will start the month off with an EDUCAUSE Live! webinar on October 4 (1-2 pm EDT). Register
here<http://www.educause.edu/events/educause-live-security-awareness-and-communication-c-suite> and join Dave
Cullinane, Chief Information Security Officer at eBay (retired) and Co-Founder of the Cloud Security Alliance, as he
discusses "Security Awareness and Communication in the C-Suite."
If you plan on holding an event in October, please share your plans and any applicable URL's with this group or send an
e-mail to security-council () educause edu<mailto:security-council () educause edu> so your institution's activities
can be included with our list of 2012 campus events.
This year the EDUCAUSE & Internet2 Higher Education Information Security Council (HEISC), the Department of Homeland
Security (DHS), and the National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA) have made it even easier to get involved.
Explore EDUCAUSE resources:
* Resource Kit for National Cyber Security Awareness Month, http://tinyurl.com/NCSAMresourcekit
* Cybersecurity Awareness Resource Library, http://tinyurl.com/NCSAMresourcelibrary
* Blog: Easy Ways to Increase Awareness,
* Information Security Awareness Poster & Video Contest 2006-2011 Winners,
* Information Security content curated by HEISC on Scoop.it! (RSS feed available),
* Awareness and other Information Security resources curated by HEISC on Pinterest,
* MS-ISAC toolkit, http://msisac.cisecurity.org/resources/toolkit/
* OnGuardOnline.gov, http://onguardonline.gov/
* StaySafeOnline.org, www.staysafeonline.org/ncsam<http://www.staysafeonline.org/ncsam> and
* Stop.Think.Connect., http://stopthinkconnect.org/
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact the Higher Education Information Security Council
(security-council () educause edu<mailto:security-council () educause edu>) or NCSA (info () staysafeonline
org<mailto:info () staysafeonline org>).
Valerie Vogel Program Manager
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good
direct: 202.331.5374 | main: 202.872.4200 | twitter: @HEISCouncil | educause.edu<http://www.educause.edu/>
- National Cyber Security Awareness Month 2012 is HERE! Valerie Vogel (Oct 01)