Home page logo
/

educause logo Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Anti-virus Options for Students
From: Robert Yoka <ryoka () YCP EDU>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 23:17:00 -0500

Our institution has started having the discussion of whether or not we will
allow students to use anti-virus software other than our corporate standard
(McAfee).

Are other schools out there allowing students to use the AV programs of
their choosing?  If so, what impact has it had on your help desk as far as
support time/issues?  If not, are you allowing students to choose from a
limited, pre-selected set of AV choices or forcing all of them to use one
corporate standard AV program, enforced by a NAC solution?

Thanks,
--
Robert J. Yoka, CISSP
Information Security Administrator

Email: ryoka () ycp edu
Voice: 717-815-1784
Cell: 717-577-0737

This information is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.
Any review, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail communication by
others is strictly prohibited.  If you are  not the intended recipient, please notify us
immediately by returning  this message to the sender and delete all copies.

  By Date           By Thread