Home page logo
/

educause logo Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Data Transfer Accross Data Centres
From: Valdis Kletnieks <Valdis.Kletnieks () VT EDU>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 16:30:42 -0400

On Thu, 11 Oct 2012 16:19:00 -0400, leo song said:

We need to transfer large volume of data centre data

For what definition of "large"? Gigabytes? Terabytes? Petabytes?  And what
are the timing constraints?  There's a big difference between "one-time copy
of 15 terabytes that can run another 6 hours without breaking anything" and
"we need to move 15T in 4 hours every night to meet an audit requirement".

  By Date           By Thread