Home page logo
/

educause logo Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Data Transfer Accross Data Centres
From: Leo Song <song () UOGUELPH CA>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 16:46:23 -0400

No, not one time, rather constant data flow. I am not a storage folk so I don't have the accurate estimation of the
data volume, but since they are data centre data so the TB will be appropriate scale.

I was asked to evaluate the VPN option, but I am hoping there are someone here doing the data encryption not at network
layer, for example, if you are using NetApp, can NetApp encrypt the data blocks before sending them to the network,
rather than letting VPN appliance to encrypt data packets by packets?

Leo Song, Senior Analyst & Cluster Lead
Computing and Communication Services - Networking and Security
University of Guelph
(519) 824-4120 x 53181