Educause Security Discussion
mailing list archives
NCSAM 2012 is Wrapping Up...What's Next?
From: Kris Monroe <kmonroe () ITHACA EDU>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 20:18:03 +0000
National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM) 2012 is wrapping up today, so what’s next?
1) Thank you to the higher education community for another very successful celebration of NCSAM! It was wonderful to
hear about the fun, creative activities and events taking place on campuses around the world.
2) Over 125 institutions (a new record!!) shared their plans with us during the month of October. See what events took
place by visiting our NCSAM Resource Kit: http://tinyurl.com/NCSAMresourcekit
3) We hope that campuses will continue to educate and train students, staff, and faculty on the importance of security
awareness throughout the year – not just in October. Be sure to check out the Cybersecurity Awareness Resource Library
for materials or inspiration: <https://bl2prd0710.outlook.com/owa/%20> http://tinyurl.com/NCSAMresourcelib
4) Please consider celebrating Data Privacy Month<http://www.educause.edu/dpm> on your campus in January. (Data Privacy
Day<http://www.staysafeonline.org/dpd> is January 28, 2013.) EDUCAUSE will kick off DPM with a webinar on January 9,
2013, so save the date!
Finally, would like to thank the National Cyber Security Alliance<http://www.staysafeonline.org/ncsam> and the
Department of Homeland Security<http://www.dhs.gov/stopthinkconnect> for making it easier for campuses to promote NCSAM
throughout the month of October!
Kris Monroe and Dave Lyon
Co-Chairs, Higher Education Information Security Council (HEISC) NCSAM Task Force
- NCSAM 2012 is Wrapping Up...What's Next? Kris Monroe (Oct 31)