Educause Security Discussion
mailing list archives
Re: SANS Training - VA Tech, 5/20-25/2013- Securing Windows and Resisting Malware (SEC 505)
From: "McDowell, Karen (krm6r)" <krm6r () VIRGINIA EDU>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2013 19:08:24 +0000
I am really interested in this class and know the registration deadline is coming up fast, but the only computer I have
is Bootcamp on a Mac. I don't think it will do well (I have run into driver problems with it under certain
circumstances) in this kind of class. I actually don't like the configuration but I am stuck with it until next year.
Have you had any experience with this or any comments?
Karen McDowell, Ph.D., GCIH
Information Security Analyst, ISPRO, University of Virginia
2400 Old Ivy Road, #163, Charlottesville, VA 22903
From: The EDUCAUSE Security Constituent Group Listserv [mailto:SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU] On Behalf Of randy
Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2013 1:45 PM
To: SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU
Subject: [SECURITY] SANS Training - VA Tech, 5/20-25/2013- Securing Windows and Resisting Malware (SEC 505)
VA Tech is hosting a SANS Institute training course, SEC 505 "Securing Windows and Resisting Malware" with Jason Fossen
on 5/20-25/2013. The course has been updated to include Windows 8 and the latest Windows Server releases. There is a
substantial discount for the class and it will be available in a vLive (live online) format. Here are the details:
1. WHAT: SEC 505, "Securing Windows & Resisting Malware" with instructor Jason Fossen.
2. WHEN: 5/20-25/2013
3. WHERE: VA Tech, Blacksburg, VA. (nearest airport: Roanoke, VA)
4. COST: EDU (Higher Ed, Community college, K-12 Faculty/staff), State/Local Govt employee or LEO: $1250/person
(discounted from $4400/person) for class only; $1250+$579 for class + GIAC cert exam.
5. Course and registration info at http://www.cpe.vt.edu/isect. Registration deadline: 5/13/2013.
Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.
VA Tech IT Security Office & Lab
- Re: SANS Training - VA Tech, 5/20-25/2013- Securing Windows and Resisting Malware (SEC 505) McDowell, Karen (krm6r) (May 09)