Home page logo
/

educause logo Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

clickable links in instant messaging programs
From: "Fowler, Becky Thurmond" <ThurmondR () MISSOURI EDU>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 15:34:38 +0000

I'm trying to gauge what other institutions are doing regarding clickable links in instant messaging programs.  We
currently block links that are sent through our Microsoft Lync implementation but we'd like to determine what other
peer institutions are doing.

Does your university block clickable links through technical means? Do you allow clickable links but display a pop-up
or warning message?  Or do you deal with this issue strictly from an awareness perspective?

Thanks for any information you can share!

Becky Thurmond Fowler, CISSP
Information Security and Access Management
Division of Information Technology
University of Missouri
(573) 882-5182 | thurmondr () missouri edu<mailto:thurmondr () missouri edu>

  By Date           By Thread