Educause Security Discussion
mailing list archives
From: Greg Schmalhofer <Greg.Schmalhofer () MILLERSVILLE EDU>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 09:48:53 -0400
Does anyone use the DNS service OpenDNS, either the free version or the purchased product called Umbrella, for their
campus DNS service? If so I'd appreciate it if you could provide your thoughts on service. Or info if you are using
another similar product.
- How long have you used OpenDNS?
- Have you seen a reduction in phishing attempts and/or malware on your campus network?
- Have you seen any difference with performance?
- Are you using the free or purchased version?
- Any other thoughts or comments?
Thanks very much,
Information Security Coordinator
- OpenDNS Users Greg Schmalhofer (May 24)