Educause Security Discussion
mailing list archives
Re: OpenDNS Users
From: Patrick Ouellette <ouellep () ALGONQUINCOLLEGE COM>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 10:54:36 -0400
Here's one to ponder on that question
- Why you shouldn't be operating an OpenDNS Resolver" from ISC:
Algonquin College - School of Advanced Technology
Program Coordinator - Computer Systems Technician & Technology- Networking / Security Programs
Professor - Department of Information Technology & Communications
From: The EDUCAUSE Security Constituent Group Listserv [SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU] On Behalf Of Greg
Schmalhofer [Greg.Schmalhofer () MILLERSVILLE EDU]
Sent: Friday, May 24, 2013 9:48 AM
To: SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU
Subject: [SECURITY] OpenDNS Users
Does anyone use the DNS service OpenDNS, either the free version or the purchased product called Umbrella, for their
campus DNS service? If so I’d appreciate it if you could provide your thoughts on service. Or info if you are using
another similar product.
- How long have you used OpenDNS?
- Have you seen a reduction in phishing attempts and/or malware on your campus network?
- Have you seen any difference with performance?
- Are you using the free or purchased version?
- Any other thoughts or comments?
Thanks very much,
Information Security Coordinator