Home page logo
/

firewall-wizards logo Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Security Policy Example
From: Bret Watson <lists () ticm com>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 06:59:45 +0800

I think its more a case of wanting to make more money. Personally I wouldn't bother - its only the first policy that is hard to write, after that it becomes easier.

Also no policy will fit your org without needing re-writing, though it is easier to edit someone else's work to fit..

You probably would be better off having a look at BS7799 / AS4444 as these are standards for an Information Security Management system - ie. a set of policies and the framework to enforce them.

You can also go to the BSI.de site and look at the baseline security manual (perhaps it is better to do a search for it - BSI-de is largely in german.

Good luck!

Bret