Home page logo
/

firewall-wizards logo Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: PIX 6.0.1 - Pre-Summary
From: "Settle, Sean" <SeanSettle () alliantfs com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 08:24:21 -0700

Well so far I haven't gotten any horror stories, so yesterday evening I
upgraded our lab unit.  Since we had an older PIX unit I had to replace the
flash card with a new 16MB unit so my upgrade process may be a little bit
different then yours.

Basically you write off the current config to tftp, install the new flash
card, boot with the boot helper disk install 6.0.1, reboot and reload your
old configuration.  It didn't require a new activation key to upgrade from
5.0.3 to 6.0.1.

A first glance at basic functionality is that it still works :).  More
in-depth testing is scheduled and if I run into any issues I'll be sure to
report them.

The new PDM interface also has to be installed into the flash of the
firewall and its worth it from what I've seen so far.

Sean Settle
"The thirst after happiness is never extinguished in the heart of man" -
Jean Jacques Rousseau
X Network Services Q NPC X
Phoenix, AZ
Phone:  480-496-5434