Home page logo
/

firewall-wizards logo Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: authentication
From: bparis () sorrentolactalis com
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 09:37:57 -0400

        At this time we are working on a similiar project which involves
allowing customers to VPN to our site and "touch" certain boxen. One of the
products we're considering for this task is the Nortel Contivity VPN Switch
because of its ability to filter via source/destination IP and signon
profiles (individual or group).

More info on it here...
http://www.nortelnetworks.com/products/01/contivity/index.html

William S. Paris
Telecommunication/Network Analyst
Sorrento Lactalis Inc.
bparis () sorrentolactalis com

We have hundreds of small sites connected to our corporate office via a
private WAN. We want to connect dozens of suppliers to the small sites. To
avoid the cost of purchasing and managing a firewall for each small site,
we'd like to connect the suppliers to a Checkpoint firewall in a DMZ that
corporate will maintain. For now, only private connections to the DMZ will
be allowed, not direct internet connections.

Since different suppliers need to connect to different applications at
different sets of sites, a lot of firewall rules will be needed, and the
complexity could cause a lot of trouble. Does the marketplace offer
commercial products to authenticate users at the firewall and to authorize
them to access different platforms at those sites? We have no control over
the hardware and software at the supplier and customer sites, so a
multi-platform approach is vital.

Thanks!