mailing list archives
Re: Gauntlet V6.0
From: "Patrick M. Hausen" <hausen () punkt de>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 08:53:06 +0200 (CEST)
Evan Wagner wrote:
Solaris 8 is bad news in my opinion... Stick with Solaris 7 if
Unless you put the reasons why you feel ot is bad, your opinion carries
nearly 0 weight.
Don't just say it is bad, give the reasons _why_ it is bad (in your
Well, I just found out:
- Installed Solaris 8 on an old Sparc 5 system to expreiment with the
new Gauntlet release.
-> kernel panic after Gauntlet installation
- Call NAI, answer: "yes, Gauntlet 6 runs on Ultra hardware only, we
have to fix the brochures, that say 'Sparc or Ultra Sparc System'".
- In comes our brand new Sun Blade system. Ultra Sparc CPU for sure.
- Installed Solaris, boot, "64 bit mode" - "Dang! Where did I miss
that checkbox when installing?"
Back to rom monitor, "boot kernel/unix" -> panic "32 bit mode not
- Of course, Gauntlet 6 won't install in 64 bit mode.
I ... am ... not ... amused :-(
Any questions? We could move this thread over to gauntlet-users ;-)
--- WEB ISS GmbH - Scheffelstr. 17a - 76135 Karlsruhe - 0721/9109-0 ---
------ Patrick M. Hausen - Technical Director - hausen () punkt de -------
"Two men say, they're Jesus - one of 'em must be wrong." (Dire Straits)
firewall-wizards mailing list
firewall-wizards () nfr com