Home page logo
/

firewall-wizards logo Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

iptables dnat problem
From: "Michael" <michael () insulin-pumpers org>
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 10:29:35 -0800

I have a mail daemon running on a border system bound to port 25,
INADDR_ANY

I'd like to run another smtp daemon on a virtual IP address on the same
system. I have the new daemon running on port 10025

iptables -t nat -A PREOUTING -p tcp
     -d $SECOND_IP -dport 25 REDIRECT --to-port 10025

The daemon responds just fine to other hosts located on the same /24 as
the localhost, however remote hosts a hop or two away never seem to get
connected. This method seems to work fine for UDP ... I run a second
name server on this host configured as an RBL. Suggestions ???

Michael