Home page logo
/

firewall-wizards logo Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Integrated IDS/IPS/Firewall (Cisco ASA and Juniper ISG)
From: Robert A Beken <beken () us ibm com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 11:11:56 -0500

I have a question for the group about this new trend of using a single
firewall for all IDS and Firewall related tasks in an integrated box for
enterprise organizations (not SOHO).  I personally think it's a bad idea
and lacks flexibility in configuration and  "defense in depth" posture
towards security.  What are other people's thoughts?

Thanks and Regards,

Robert Beken CISSP, GCFW